Saturday 8 March 2014

The Oscars.






What a night! A mixture of thrills, excitement and a sprinkle of magic. The photographer's flash being the starry background which makes it all seem like a dream.

My highlight has definitely got to be Lupita's win. It was expected but that never took away the magic in her voice and her speech, it made it all the more real:

'No matter where you are from, your dreams are valid'

This inspiring, final sentence really blew me away. Not only does it portray her dedication to her work but it also motivates others out there to strive for your dreams, it certainly makes me want to chase my dreams even more.

She made an even bigger place in my heart with her speech on beauty when she accepted the 'Best Breakthrough Performance' Award (i shall attach a link to the video so you can all be inspired). I cannot express how much I love this woman! Talented, humble and passionate.

Overall, the night was exactly what i anticipated and more. The Oscars truly are what dreams are made of.

Lupita on beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment